Easy kids birthday party ideas for a pool party
Here in Florida, we love a good pool party! We’ll take any excuse to celebrate poolside, and there’s no better time to make a splash than on your little one’s birthday. Whether your Pinterest board is already full of kids birthday party ideas or you’re just getting started on your to-do list, these fun games and budget-friendly party decorations are sure to help you plan a memorable party for you and your guests!
Birthday party games for a pool party
These pool party games will keep your guests entertained. Plus, you can find everything you need at your local party supply or dollar store.
Photo Scavenger Hunt
- Phone or camera
- Make a checklist of photos for your guests to take while they’re at your party.
- The first person to take all of the photos on the list will win a prize.
- Create a #hashtag or Facebook photo album so you can see photos from all of your guests!
- Remember, you’re at a pool party, so make sure you’re careful with your electronics in areas with water nearby.
Here are a few ideas that you can include on your photo scavenger hunt:
- Slide down a water slide
- Toss a beach ball
- Pose in front of a palm tree
- Make a big splash
- Take a photo with the birthday boy or girl
Pool Noodle Ring Toss
- Two pool noodles
- 3-5 small inflatable tubes for each team
- Split into two teams.
- Have one person from each team hold a pool noodle.
- Take turns tossing the inflatable tubes, trying to get them around the pool noodle.
- The first team to get all of the tubes on the pool noodle wins a prize!
Birthday decoration ideas for a pool party
Kids birthday decorations don’t have to break the bank. Here’s a budget-friendly idea that will make your kid’s pool party one to remember.
Ocean Themed Birthday Chair
- Green streamers
- Seashells from the beach or a craft store
- Styrofoam balls
- Red and blue paint
- Felt or construction paper
- Hole punch
- Super glue
- Use an adirondack chair or a high-chair if you have a younger child.
- Super glue seashells onto the chair.
- Use red and blue paint to create a beach ball pattern on styrofoam balls.
- Super glue the styrofoam beach balls to the chair.
- Create sea animals with felt or construction paper.
- String twine through a hole in each sea animal to create a garland.
- Hang the sea animal garland on the chair.
- Add green streamers to the chair to mimic the look of seaweed.
Birthday food ideas
Your party menu doesn’t have to be complicated. Pizza and soda is a no-brainer that is sure to be a crowd pleaser. When it comes to dessert, cakes or cupcakes seem like obvious choices. But if you’re looking for something a little more interactive and fun, try a dessert decorating station.
Cupcake and Cookie Decorating Station
- Vanilla cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes, and sugar cookies
- Blue, purple, turquoise, and silver sprinkles
- Blue and green food coloring
- White frosting
- Small plates
- Plastic spoons
- Hand wipes
- Add a few drops of food coloring to white frosting.
- Create a few different shades of blue and green frosting.
- Give each child their choice of cupcake or cookie on a small plate with a plastic spoon.
- Place the frosting and sprinkles in small bowls at the center of the table and start decorating!
- Keep hand wipes nearby for easy clean-up.
Let us know if you try any of these kids birthday party ideas!
Planning a birthday party? Celebrate your little one at Flamingo Waterpark Resort! Our one-of-a-kind birthday party venue near Orlando is made for kids of all ages, even kids-at-heart. Our all-inclusive birthday party packages are perfect for parties of any size. Contact one of our birthday party planners to get started, or learn more on our website.